Wednesday, July 13, 2011

House Update

Well this has been one crazy week! We went from having the house sold and having a closing/moving out date......to the buyers backing out! I keep trying to stay positive and say it wasn't meant to be but really I want to find them and rip their hair out a little!


We were having tons of showings and another couple came back a second time and were very interested, but then it all stopped when our status said contract pending.........and now we haven't had any showings after the jerks backed out! Woops, another venting session........sorry!


Anyways, its back to cleaning everything every time I leave the house and the worst part is, I thought I was gonna get my boys back in a few weeks :(


Please someone come buy this house!





I didn't want to post about the new house stuff because I feel like it will jinx us (because we have to sell our house in order to have the one we're building obviously).......but Im going to anyway. Glass half full, right?!





Here is our lot! There is a sold sign there now but we won't take a picture with it until the day our current house is sold for real!





Here are some pictures I took at a house that was being built in the neighborhood, same exact floor plan.......they just have upgraded floors and cabinets.




I would kill to have these beautiful, dark hardwood floors. I'll miss the ones we have now but the dogs just don't mix well with them. And quite honestly, as I get older....it hurts my poor bunyans walking around on them! haha!





Love the arches and the stairs, I picked the same spindles that these stairs have.












Open kitchen to living room. Our living room will not have the regular ceiling like this one......it will be open all the way to the top because I wouldn't let Jay have a media room :)





I really love their cabinets too, just like the floors.....but I think when I asked, they were about a $15,000 upgrade. Are you kidding me!






Extra little cute cabinet desk by the back door, built in wine rack! Although I will never have enough to keep any up there, I drink it too fast!





The vent a hood is standard.....a little too fancy for me but I'll take it. Our backsplash will be small tumble tiles like these, but much lighter......theres a pic of one later. I really wanted them to leave it blank so we could do what we want to the backsplash, but they won't. The lady said they are real easy to pop out so I want to find some cute little decorative mosaic tiles to pop into the tumble tile so its not so white.





View of kitchen from living room. The kitchen table nook is to the left and there is a nice, long window seat over there too. I love the island! I've always wanted one........I remember when we saw this house model last summer I sat on the island and wouldn't leave :)









This is the color of the granite that will be in the kitchen. I'm still not 100% on it but I think it will look good once its in there. I wish there was a way to see exactly what all of your stuff will look like together........its too hard to choose!





Granite again, these peeps put it in their bathroom, we won't have that.






Here are the little samples of all the stuff we chose yesterday. The backsplash tiles are at the top. I really hope I like these cabinets, I am in love with the cabinets we have now and I wanted something as close to those as I could get within the standard choices.......because the ones I really loved were insanely expensive, dangit! The granite looks gray here, thats why it scares me......but its not really gray. Then there's the good ol' regular carpet and tile and the little touch of pizazz I want to add to the master bathroom tile around the shower.












This is an exciting but stressful process! I would have a fit if someone else got to buy the home we designed for our family! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed everyday and praying for the phone to ring for showings!



No comments:

Post a Comment