Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Well I guess I should actually start blogging on this blog I started and never really did anything with! I'm still too shy to share it with the world but the point for me is to have something to look back at years down the road, like a scrapbook! (since I tried to get into scrapbooking and couldn't!).




What a fast and crazy year it has been, our lives have changed so much in such a wonderful way! Baby Kinley is finally here and is already 7 weeks old, OMG!! I am a mommy, I have a daughter, still so weird to say!


These are the pics they took at the hospital, she doesn't look like this at all anymore but I love them :)


The past 7 weeks have flown by and have been filled with visitors, diapers, lots of baby poop talk, spitting up, sleepless nights, sleep filled nights!, doctors visits, washing bottles, filling bottles, tears, smiles & lots of laughter!



Kinley was born perfectly healthy after a pretty easy labor and delivery experience, thank goodness since it was my first! I was induced at around 7am on March 17th, St. Patricks Day :) After a loooong day of waiting, she arrived at 5:36 weighing 8 pounds 8 ounces & measuring 20 1/2 inches long, big girl!







The only issues we've had with her involve spitting up/reflux and pooping.....or lack of pooping I should say! The doctor has just decided that she is a happy spitter upper, it doesn't bother her and she's still gaining and growing. I was very worried about it for awhile but its gotten better and its just part of our day now. She pretty much spits up every time you get her all cute and dressed, every time you put her in the car seat, every time you pick her up after you've just gotten dressed, every time you think she's not gonna do it!



I've learned that the first question experienced moms ask new moms is how the baby is sleeping, which is a very important topic! I think that she's slept the best we can ask for, pretty average. She has started to sleep longer stretches at night now, 5-6 hours, woohoo! My goal is to have her sleeping 8 hours by 8-10 weeks but I'm not sure if that will happen......we're following the Babywise plan the best we can!



I've also learned that it's ok to tweak all the plans, schedules and advice you get from books.....but I still love the books! I keep thinking how fun it would be to start a blog about all the things that go wrong even after you've planned them out and read about them for 9 months & all the things involved with pregnancy, delivery and newborns that nobody talks about or tells you, which is A LOT!!! Maybe my next post will be about that :)





This is a sweet picture from Kinley's first Easter :) We went to Lone Oak to visit Grandma and family and I was so wishing she could get out there and hunt Easter eggs! I can't wait until next Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment